A good breakfast could kickstart your day the best way. Often, it is described as the most essential meal of the day as it sustains your daily activity through the energy you get from your meal choices. But what makes up a good breakfast?
Breakfast: The Most Important Meal of The Day
An NCBI study by Cahill et. al, it has been concluded that eating breakfast would reduce the risk of coronary heart diseases. In fact, there had been a documented 27% increase in CHD among North American men who skip breakfasts.
While most people trust their morning coffees to awaken their alertness, it is also good to note that our choices for breakfast must be able to provide the best fuel for the body and that these choices should substantially complete a well-balanced plate to ensure healthy well-being.
Breakfast Ideas to Follow
Most breakfast items include muffins, toasts, avocados, eggs, cereals, smoothies and more. But here are three great breakfast ideas you can easily prepare to ensure a healthier you.
Poached Egg and Avocado Toast
An avocado toast is one of the most common and healthiest suggestions for breakfast! Plus add a little healthy protein in your meal with a poached egg, this duo surely would be crowned as a healthy breakfast pair!
How to Prepare:
- Poach eggs by cracking it into a bowl or a sauce.
- Bring a pan of water into a boil and tip the egg into the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Once done, leave the pan for 8-10 minutes before lifting the egg with a spoon.
- Cut avocados in half and be sure to remove stones.
- Add lemon or lime juice into the avocados as well as a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mash the avocado.
- Spread butter onto the bread and toast it.
- Spread avocado mix in each slice of bread and top with a poached egg.
- Optional. Sprinkle grated cheese. Serve.
Overnight Chia Seed Oatmeal
Chia seeds are known to have weight loss effects. In addition, it is popular because of its omega-3s and numerous health benefits. When rolled with oats, milk and a few other ingredients such as bananas and almond nuts, you are able to get yourself a healthy and creamy breakfast!
How to Prepare:
- Combine rolled oats, chia seeds, milk, bananas and almond nuts in one bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer into the desired container and keep in the fridge overnight.
Spinach and Mushroom Egg White Frittata
Most households will see eggs as a breakfast staple in their homes. Research states that eating only egg whites instead of a whole egg has a lower amount of calories and thus, becoming a healthy option for reducing blood pressure and inducing weight loss. Much more if we combine even healthier ingredients with egg whites and coming up with your own perfect omelette!
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to broil.
- Use cooking spray to a non-stick frypan and apply medium heat.
- Cook sliced mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Later, add fresh spinach and cook until spinach has wilted.
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites until it becomes light. Add salt and pour into mushroom and spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of parmesan. When edges of egg whites are cooked, gently lift edges and turn the other part.
- Transfer frypan into the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes or until eggs have puffed.
There are many other healthy morning recipes that you can experiment on. Others would go for a quick smoothie to satiate their need for a tasty but healthy breakfast as well as suffice their need for a daily energy booster. NOTE that you can be creative with your breakfast or you can seek help from experts in creating healthy meal plans for you!Share: